Get Involved: Powered By Your Library is a California statewide initiative designed to expand the visibility and contributions of skilled volunteers through public libraries. With tens of thousands of Californians, especially baby boomers, seeking new ways to use their skills and experience to make a difference in their community, public libraries are positioned to engage this talent to extend their capacity in the community and to develop advocates and supporters of their services.
Learn from your public library colleagues who are creating effective volunteer engagement strategies, tools and practices that you can use! Search the database of Get Involved resources and enhance your success in volunteer engagement. Resources include:
- Management Tools, Policies, and Handbooks
- High Impact Volunteer Position Descriptions
- Training Materials, Videos, and Tutorials about best practices
- Professional Photos related to position descriptions
- Site Search results will display all resources in the database (management tools, position descriptions, training materials, and photos) that relate to the search words you submit (such as "computer coach" or "adult literacy"). Note that it is important to use the quotation marks if you want to search for phrases (e.g. "computer coach", otherwise the system will perform an OR search on both words (e.g. computer OR coach).